Academic Planning & Registration
Academic advising in an ongoing process where students and advisors work together to clarify academic requirements and goals, establish meaningful educational plans, effectively use resources, and explore opportunities. The end goal is for the student to become an involved, independent, self-directed life-long learner.
Spring 2024 Registration Planning
Depending on your year in school, attend a group advising session or schedule an appointment with a nursing advisor before your registration window opens.
1st Year Student:
Attend one of the required Group Advising Sessions listed below:
- Thursday, October 5th from 1-2 pm in WH 379
- Friday, October 13th from 1-2 pm in WH 379
- Wednesday, October 18th from 9-10 am in WH 379
- Thursday, October 26th from 12:30-1:30 pm in WH 125A (Recommended for International Students ONLY)
- Tuesday, October 31st from 12-1 pm on Zoom
How to Sign up for a Group Advising Session:
- Once you choose a date from the list above, you will need to click on Appointments
- Click on Schedule an Appointment
- Under “What type of appointment would you like to schedule?” select Professional Academic Advising
- Under “Service,” select Group Advising/Registration Session
- Find available time
- Then, in location selection, select Adv – Nursing Advising Office
- Click schedule
2nd Year+ Student:
Find Out When Your Registration Window Opens
- Log into E-Services.
- Click on Courses and Registration.
- Click on Registration Window.
- Choose the upcoming semester and Submit.
- Check for any Registration Holds and resolve.
- Register on time when your Registration Window opens.
Assess Your Progress Towards Application
- Use Advising Worksheet in coordination with your Degree Audit.
- Record your current total cumulative GPA.
- Check what Core & Support pre-reqs are complete.
- Use Core GPA Calculator to record your current Core GPA.
- Check what General Education & Graduation requirements are complete.
- Determine the semester you may apply to program.
Select Courses You Intend to Register For
- Confirm you have met the pre-requisites for each course.
- Register for major pre-requisites and gen eds.
- Enroll in one science course for timely progression and balance.
- Max of 3 core pre-requisites recommended.
- Identify alternative course options.
- Verify course planning aligns with intended timeline.