Nursing related student organizations
Although the groups listed here are nursing specific, be sure to take time to explore all the student-run organizations offered. You'll find others interested in the same topics as you -- health prevention and promotion, social work, nutrition, recreation, exercise as medicine and much, much more!
Current students should login to MavCentral for additional information about student-run organizations.
About Mu Lambda Chapter of Sigma - Honor Society
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) was founded by six nursing students at Indiana University in 1922. The founders chose the name from the initials of the Greek words "storge", "Tharsos" and "Time", meaning "love," "courage," and "honor." STTI is the second largest nursing organization in the United States and among the fifth largest and most prestigious in the world. STTI is committed to improving the health of people worldwide through increasing the scientific base of nursing practice.
THE SOCIETY EXISTS TO:
- Recognize superior achievement
- Encourage the development of leadership qualities
- Foster high professional standards
- Encourage creative work
- Strengthen the commitment to the ideals and purposes of the profession
STTI SERVES ITS MEMBERS THROUGH:
- Conferences focusing on professional growth and leadership
- Computer access to a comprehensive collection of scholarly work
- Publications such as Journal of Nursing Scholarship and Reflections on Nursing Leadership which feature information on nursing health care issues and research studies
For information on membership or committee involvement, please contact any of the officers of the Mu Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, International.