Applying to Sport & Exercise Psychology
Thank you for your interest in the program and application. We look forward to reviewing it!
- For more details about the admission process, refer to the Graduate School Admission website.
- Deadline to apply is Feb. 1, 2022 for enrollment in Aug. 2022.
- We are cohort-based and only enroll in August. No spring enrollment or part-time options. We are primarily an on-campus program.
- Materials required are: Official transcripts, Resume/CV, 3 letters of reference, and a personal statement.
- We do not require GRE scores.
- International applicants: You may need to submit TOEFL scores or official transcripts with U.S. equivalences (if you earned your undergraduate degree outside the United States). Please reach out to us and we can help you through this process. You can also learn more at the Graduate School Admission website.
A note on the statement of interest submitted as part of the application materials: There is not a specific prompt. Instead, it is your opportunity to describe your professional goals within the field of sport and exercise psychology that you hope to attain and which you believe the Minnesota State University Sport and Exercise Psychology Program can prepare you to be successful. Its length is typically 2-3 pages, double spaced. Please put your name on the submission. There are a variety of resources available online regarding "professional goal statements" or "statements of interest/purpose" which may be of help.
Dr. Michelle McAlarnen - Associate Professor, Sport and Exercise Psychology Graduate Program
Dr. Cindra Kamphoff - Professor, Sport & Exercise Psychology Graduate Program