Preparing for Advising and Registration
We highly encourage all students to attend at least one advising meeting per semester for appropriate registration guidance.
The following guidelines are for CURRENT students.
If you are a new, entering first year student or a transfer student, you must attend orientation first before registering for classes.
SUMMER AND FALL 2023 ADVISING
Summer and Fall 2023 semester registration is fast approaching and our advising team is eager to assist you with advising as you prepare to register. It is important to meet with an advisor to discuss your registration to ensure that you are meeting all of the requirements for your major.
If you have earned 31 or less credits, you have a few options to prepare for advising and registration (you only need to attend one):
- Attend advising presentation during class if you are currently enrolled in one of the following courses:
- DHYG 100 (Sec. 1 - February 27th ; Sec. 2 - February 28th)
- HP 160 (March 13th)
- HP 265 (February 20th)
- Attend one of the following Group Advising Sessions via ZOOM or In-Person. You must register for a session in advance.
- Tuesday, March 14th 4-5 pm (Zoom)
- Thursday, March 16th 12- 1pm (Zoom)
- Friday, March 17th 2:30- 3:30pm (In-Person Wissink 379)
- Monday, March 20th 4-5 pm (Zoom)
- Wednesday, March 22nd 12-1pm (Zoom)
- Friday, March 24th 9- 10am (Zoom)
Sign Up Here
When can I register for Fall Classes?
In the spring semester, you should expect to receive information to your MavMail in late February/early March regarding registering for fall semester courses.
When can I register for Spring Classes?
In the fall semester, you should expect to receive information to your MavMail in late September/early October regarding registering for spring semester courses.
When Can I register for Summer Classes?
If you are considering taking summer courses, please plan for your spring advising appointment to occur in early March. Typically the window to register for summer classes opens a few weeks prior to registration for the fall semester.
Need Help Preparing?
Use the tools below to help you brainstorm a list of potential classes to take next semester. From there, we will help you refine your list and give you additional ideas, but it helps maximize our time together if you brainstorm first!
- MavPlans– Electronic—Check out the Virtual Workshop if you want to create your own individualized plan!
- Academic Catalog
- Class Schedule Builder
- E-Services (Access to DARS, View Courses Being Offered & Registration Process)
- More Registration Resources