The Department of Social Work listserv (sowkers), provides students, faculty, alumni, and field instructors with a communication tool for announcements, questions, and resource sharing related to the social work program and/or profession. By subscribing to the listserv, you can read and post about:
- Department and campus events, Social Work Club activities, and department-specific information such as application deadlines.
- Jobs, licensing, and opportunities for professional development.
All students enrolled in social work courses and current social work majors are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the listserv. Faculty, staff, alumni, and professionals in social work are welcome to join the listserv, post announcements, and engage in the discussions.
How to Subscribe
- Go to the sowkers webpage.
- Enter your email address, name (optional), and password. It's best to use your Mavmail email address if you have one.
- You will receive an email to confirm your request to subscribe to this listserv.
- Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your request.
TO POST A MESSAGE
Use your regular email to draft a new email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply type your message, then send! All listserv subscribers will receive your message.
TO REPLY TO A MESSAGE
To post a reply to a message, simply reply to the email that you received, and all listserv subscribers will receive your reply. If you only want to reply to one person, select that person's address and copy/paste it into your address box.
Please use the listserv responsibly: only post information related to social work, and be careful as to whether you are replying to everyone or to only one person.