Graduate Admissions

Applying and Admission     Apply Now

Applications open September first. Apply to the Communication Disorders graduate program using the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service CSDCASNote about GRE & CSDCAS: MSU has a GRE code specifically for use with CSDCAS (see below).

More information about CSDCAS:

  1. CSDCAS Customer Service information
    Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST
    Phone – (617) 612-2030
    E-Mail –
  2. CSDCAS Address
    All official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at the address below:
    CSDCAS Verification Department
    P.O. Box 9113
    Watertown, MA 02471
  3. CSDCAS Application Deadline
    February 1
  4. MSU CSDCAS GRE Code: 2472
  5. CSDCAS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foregin Language) Code: C122

Applications for admission are competitive and must be received by February 1 for admission for the following fall semester. Approximately 24 new admissions are accepted each year. The minimal requirement for GPA is 3.00 or better on a 4.0 scale. These must include courses in the basic sciences as required by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association ( ASHA) to meet Standard III-A of the Standards for the Certificate of Clinical Competence, and professional coursework. Successful applicants typically exceed the minimal admission qualifications. Recently, successful applicants averaged a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 150 on the verbal subtest, 155 on the quantitative subtest, and 3.91 on the Analytical subtest. The average GPA was 3.76. Applicants who have not attained the minimum requirements may be admitted provisionally on the basis of their performance on the GRE and/or other unique qualifications.

Post-baccalaureate Leveling Requirements

For individuals who do not have an undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, a set of courses are required for consideration of admission to the graduate program. Download the post-baccalaureate leveling requirements.

Financial Assistance/Graduate Assistantship

A limited number of graduate assistantships in Communication Disorders are available. Application can be obtained from the department or from the College of Graduate Studies and Research and should be filed by February 1 for the following academic year or until positions are filled.