Director for the Center for Communication Sciences & Disorders / Internship Coordinator
Name: Kristin Berndt, M.S., CCC-SLP
- BS in Communication Sciences & Disorders, Minnesota State University Mankato, 2011
- MS in Speech-Language Pathology, University of Nebraska, Omaha, 2013
Teaching: Kristin’s goals are to enhance students' clinical experience in speech language pathology, specifically related to working with pediatric and adolescent clients, while facilitating optimal application of classroom instruction to clinical practice.
- CDIS 444 Appraisal & Diagnosis
- CDIS 695 Clinical Practicum: Communication Disorders
- CDIS 696 Comprehensive Assessment Clinic
- CDIS 697 Professional Preparation in Speech-Language Pathology
- CDIS 698 Internship
Areas of Interest: Kristin’s areas of focus include student education and mentorship in order to develop evidence-based practice in clinical delivery. Her goals are to collaborate with other departments at the university, and other professionals in the field to provide real-world experiences and opportunities, while developing knowledgeable and skilled clinicians ready for practice after graduation.