Name: Bruce J. Poburka, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Ph.D. in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
- M.S in Speech and Hearing Science, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 1986
- B.A. in Speech and Hearing Science, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 1984
Teaching: Dr. Poburka teaches 2 undergraduate and 4 graduate courses in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program, as well as providing clinical instruction and advising on capstone projects. His teaching goals are to convey information in a way that is easily understandable and to facilitate application of concepts to clinical practice.
- CDIS 394 Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- CDIS 416 Voice and Resonance Disorders
- CDIS 616 Seminar in Voice and Resonance Disorders
- CDIS 621 Motor Speech Disorders
- CDIS 675 Medical Issues in Speech-Language Pathology
- CDIS 692 Dysphagia
- CDIS 495/695 Clinical Practicum
- CDIS 694/699 Capstone Projects (APP or Thesis)
Areas of Interest: Dr. Poburka Dr. Poburka has conducted research, published, and presented on a variety of topics including perceptual and instrumental assessment of voice, treatment of voice disorders, stroboscopy training techniques and issues, and the use of technology in education.