Jennifer Londgren, Assistant Professor
- Doctor of Education, Counselor Education and Supervision, Minnesota State University, Mankato MN, CACREP accredited, Dissertation: A Phenomenological Study of the Experience of Counseling for Women with Addiction
- Master of Science, Mental Health Counseling, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN, CACREP accredited, Alternate Plan Paper: Student Athletes and Collegiate Success: The College Experience and Effective Student Services
- Bachelor of Art, Psychology, Magna Cum-Laude, Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato, MN, Poster: The Satisfaction with Life Scale as Related to GPA, Residency, and Religiosity
- Licensed Marriage and family therapist (LMFT)
- Nationally certified counselor (NCC)
- Board certified telemental health provider (BC-TMH)
- Alcohol and Drug Studies
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, 2016 - Present
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- HLTH 225 Intro Alcohol/Drug Studies
- HLTH 240 Drug Education
- HLTH 408-W Theory/Method Addiction Prof
- HLTH 456 Assessment Diagnosis SUD
- Self-care for counselors
- Social media and mental health
- Generational differences in supervision
- Kramer, M., & Londgren, J. (2020). Recovery's Got Talent: A Positive-Psychology Intervention for People Living in Recovery. Health Promotion Practice, 21, 6, 862-864.
- Londgren, J. (2020). Why Can't They Just Stop? Seeing Addiction from the Lens of God's Grace. Time of Grace Publishing, Milwaukee, WI.
- Born, S., & Londgren, J. Counselor as Advocate: Getting in the Arena, selected for publication in Metaphors and Therapy: Enhancing Counselor Education and Supervision, Volume 2.
- Londgren, J. (2021). Deconstructing Self-Care: Helping Educators Thrive in a Weary World. Winning Strategies Conference for Teachers and Paraprofessionals, Keynote, Virtual.
- Shunkwiler, T., & Londgren, J. (2020). A Review of Behavioral Healthcare Ethics, Faribault and Martin counties training, Virtual.
- Londgren, J. (2020). Deconstructing Self-care: Helping Professionals Thrive in a Weary World. Virtual Conference, Minnesota Association of Children's Mental Health, Annual conference: Virtual.
- Londgren, J. (2020). Self-care for Behavioral Healthcare Professionals in the Time of Covid-19. CE training, New Leaf Consulting. Live virtual presentation.
- Londgren, J. (2020). Education in an Era of Uncertainty: Strategies for Managing Anxiety on a College Campus. Presentation, Martin Luther College. New Ulm, MN.
- Londgren, J. (2020). Seasonal Affective Disorder. Bethany Lutheran College Resident Assistant Training, Mankato, MN.
- Londgren, J., Shunkwiler, T. (2019). Sexting, Snaps, and Social Media: Trends in Teens and Technology. MRVED Educators Learning Together, workshop, Madison, MN.
- Londgren, J. (2019). The Gamification of Addiction Studies Courses: Using Games to Enhance Student Learning Outcomes. Conference: National Association for Addictions Professionals (NAADAC), Orlando, FL.
- Award, MSU Student Activities, RSO advisor of the year
- Award, MSU Student Activities, “Love Recovery gala” event of the year
- Grant, President’s Commission on the Status of Women: Project: Women’s Clothing Drive and Career Day