Autumn Hamilton, Graduate Coordinator and Assistant Professor
- H.S.D. 2002 Indiana University (School and College Health /Human Sexuality Education)
- M.S. 1988 Indiana University (School and College Health)
- B.A. 1986 Purdue University (Health Education / Athletic Training)
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Assistant Professor, Minnesota State University, Department of Health Science, August 2003 – Present
- Online Instructor, National American University, January 2010 – 2019
- Online Instructor, University of Phoenix, January 2010 – 2019
- Research Colleague, University of Minnesota, Program in Human Sexuality, November 2001 – 2019
- American Red Cross Corporate Trainer, April 2001 – April 2003
- Instructor, Anoka Ramsey Community College, August 2001 – May 2003
- Adjunct Lecturer, IUPUC, Allied Health and HPER courses, Spring 1994 – Fall 2000
- Assistant Professor, Department of Health and Safety, Indiana State University, 1999 - 2000
- Advisor, Department of Health and Safety, Indiana State University, 1999 - 2000
- Assistant Instructor, School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation, Department of Applied Health Science, Indiana University, 1996-1999
- Assistant Editor, “the Drug and Alcohol Workshop,” Indiana University, Summer 1988
- Assistant Editor, BIHEP (Bibliographic Index of Health Education Periodicals), Indiana University, Bloomington IN, 1987
- Substitute Teacher, Bartholomew County Schools, K-12, All areas, 1987-1989
- Athletic Trainer, Purdue University, 1983-1986
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drugs
- Current Health Issues
- Curriculum Trends
- Death and Dying
- Emergency Rescue and First Aid
- Health and the Environment (traditional, large group and online)
- Human Sexuality
- Women’s Health
- Introduction to Research in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Medical Terminology (traditional and online)
- Methods in School Health Education
- Nutrition (traditional and online)
- Personal Health
- School Health Services
- Stress Management
- Human Sexuality
- Transgender Health
- GLBTQ Health
- HIV prevention
- Marijuana use among college students
- Bockting, W.O., Miner, M.H., Swinburne, R. E. Hamilton, A., & Coleman, E. (2013) Stigma, mental health, and resilience in an online sample of the US transgender population. American Journal of Public Health 103 (5).
- Robinson, B.E., Galbraith, J., Lund, SM., Hamilton, A., & Shankle, M. Case (2012) Study of the Adaptation of Community PROMISE for HIV-positive African American Men who have Sex with Men in Boston and Minneapolis-St. Paul. AIDS Education and Prevention 24 (3).
- Bockting, W., Benner, A., Coleman, E. (2009) Gay and bisexual identity development among female-to-male transsexuals in North America: Emergence of a transgender sexuality. Archives of Sexual Behavior 38(5).
- Bockting, W., Robinson, B., Benner, A., & Scheltema, K. (2004). Patient satisfaction with transgender health services. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 30(4).
- Benner, A.R., Sheldon, E. J., & Plummer, P. P. (2001). Creating a rubric to assess performances to meet new teaching standards. IAHPERD Indiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Journal 3(30).
- Benner, A. R. (1996). Pornography: A look at the research and attitudes. (Available from the Kinsey Institute Research for Sex, Gender, and Reproduction, Indiana University, Morrison Hall, Bloomington, IN 47405).