Travel Resources and International Opportunities

The Department has substantially expanded its international educational opportunities, and we continue to seek new arrangements and affiliations that will support our commitment to including an international focus in our curriculum. Listed below are current possibilities.

Other International Study Opportunities
Other international opportunities often become available in the course of a student's enrollment at Minnesota State Mankato. As international opportunities become available for travel and/or study, the department will notify students through the Social Work Department Listserv.

International Program Office/Study Abroad
For more information about other study abroad activities and for assistance in completing the application process visit the staff at Minnesota State Mankato International Program Office/Study Abroad.

More Travel Abroad Resources
Student Travel Abroad: The world's largest student, youth and budget travel organization. STA Travel specializes in cheap flights, hotels and hostels, student travel insurance and international student identification cards and is a standard in the travel abroad field.
Currency Converter: Need to know what the US dollar converts to in another country or what another country's currency equals in the US currenty? Check out this sight.
Travelblogs: One of the most comprehensive and very organized (though a bit daunting) travel blog websites on the web. Its amazing!

Department Funds to Support Travel
The Department of Social Work has limited funds for supporting non-course related student and faculty travel, both within the US and internationally. For students, funds are available to assist with travel expenses to present their scholarship at professional conferences.  We cannot honor requests to support travel that is being done in conjunction with a specific course or study trip for which you are earning credit. This has to be handled as a "Scholarship." Please see those guidelines under "Scholarships."

If you are seeking support for non-course related travel, you will need to submit receipts for reimbursement of expenses, as these are not "grants." Work with your advisor to determine your possible eligibility and complete the request as far in advance as possible. Click Here to get to the Travel Support Request Form.   Travel Request Form: