Applying to the Dental Hygiene (BS) Program
Applications are due January 15th of each year.
All application items must be submitted in order to be an accepted applicant; see application below for details.
Instructions for applying to the MSU Dental Hygiene (BS) Program:
- Download the 2022 Dental Hygiene Application
- Submit to the Minnesota State Mankato Dental Education Department - the deadline is January 15th of each year.
- Personally to department office
- Send the completed application to:
Dental Hygiene Department
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Dental Hygiene Application Committee
120 Clinical Sciences Building
Mankato, MN 56001
An e-mail confirming receipt of your application will be sent to you as soon as your application is received. If two weeks have passed and you still have not received e-mail confirmation of receipt of your application, call 507-389-1313 to verify your application was received.
Information on Your Degree Audit
DARS is an acronym for Degree Audit Reporting System.
- DARS uses a student's degree program information (degree, major, minor, catalog year) on file in the student records system, to create a "template" of that program. Then all of a student's courses are placed into the template to produce a document called an audit. The audit shows which requirements are completed and which are left to be done. It can be used by students and advisors to monitor a student's progress towards graduation.
Accessing your DARS or degree audit report
- Go to the E–services page.
- From the left-hand column, click on “Academic Records”, then “Degree Audit”
- then click on “Click here to access Degree Audit Self-Service
- Enter StarID and password
- Click on “Run Declared Programs” – be sure it is for dental hygiene degree