Social Work Honors Day
Friday, March 31, 2023
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Centennial Student Union 253
Please join us for the Department of Social Work Honors Day, "Social Work at the Intersection of Rural Communities, Schools, and Mental Health."
This event honors our profession's commitment to advancing human rights and advocacy for social, economic and environmental justice.
Guest speakers include:
- Laura Strunk, PsyD, LICSW, NCSP, School Psychologist
- Heidi Cottingham, LSW, MSW Candidate, High School Social Worker
- Kaylee Warner, LSW, MSW Candidate, Elementary School Social Worker
Honorees for 2020 and 2023:
- Social Work Alumna of the Year
- Jennifer Buchanan, MSW ’09
- Laura Benesch, BSW '06, MSW '09
- Outstanding New Social Worker of the Year
- Ayan Musse, BSSW '19
- Beth Winterfeldt, MSW '20
- Collaborative Agency of the Year
- Carver County Health and Human Services, Child and Family Department
- Mankato Area Public Schools Social Work Department
- and, the 2023 Social Work Scholars and Scholarship Recipients
Lunch will be served. Please RSVP using this form by Monday, March 27. Please call 507-389-6504 if you have questions.