Sports Medicine MinorPage address: https://ahn.mnsu.edu/hp/undergraduate/sportsmedminor.html
The Sports Medicine Minor at Minnesota State University, Mankato is intended for undergraduate students interested in the broad field of Sports Medicine. It is intended for students in the following academic disciplines: exercise science, physical education, coaching, pre-athletic training, pre-physical therapy, psychology, pre–medicine, pre–chiropractic, nutrition, and nursing.
To provide interested students, from a variety of backgrounds, with the academic background and the opportunity to develop skills in Sports Medicine.
- HP 160 – Introduction to Human Performance (2)
- HP 291 – Concepts of Fitness (2)
- HLTH 210 – Advanced First Aid and CPR (3)
- BIOL 220 – Human Anatomy (4)
- BIOL 330 – Human Physiology (4)
- HLTH 321 – Medical Terminology (3)
- HP 340 – Prevention and Care (2)
- HP 348 – Structural Kinesiology and Biomechanics (3)
- HP 414 – Physiology of Exercise (3)
- HP 415 – Advanced Sports Medicine (2)
Note: This minor is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and is not intended for Athletic Training Majors. The minor will not prepare students for the Athletic Training Board of Certification (BOC) examination.