The Business of Sports
The Sport Management program at Minnesota State Mankato prepares students for the business of sports.
- Undergraduate Curriculum
- Graduate Curriculum
- Current Events
- Sport Management Job and Internship Fair 11-7-18 in CSU.
- HP 490/590 Sport Tourism - Men's NCAA Basketball Final Four spring 2019
- 10 day Sport Managment study abroad in the Netherlands May 2019
- Obtain your minor in Sport Marketing and Events in one semester at HAN University in the Netherlands.
- Undergraduate admission deadline - October 1 & March 1
- Graduate admission deadline - October 1 and February 1
- Contact your advisor for more information about these events
Get more details about the admission requirements & the types of courses taught in the program.
Sport Tourism Class - Men's NCAA Basketball Final Four (2019)
Sport Management students will have the opportunity to register for a 3 credit Sport Tourism class that culminates with working the Men's NCAA Basketball Final Four and preceeding events in Minneapolis, MN. Information will be coming soon about how to apply for this amazing opportunity!!
More information can be found here.
Sport Tourism Class - Super Bowl (2017-2018)
Students in the Sport Tourism - Super Bowl class were part of the 10,000 volunteers of "Crew 52" who worked the Super Bowl Live events that preceeded the Super Bowl in. Minneapolis
Sport Tourism Class - Ryder Cup
Students from Minnesota State Mankato's Sport Management program were among the 4,000+ volunteers working at the 2016 Ryder Cup. Using their new PGA mantra of "Greet, Assist, Thank," they learned a great deal about what it takes to successfully plan and orchestrate an international sporting event. "It was amazing to see it all come together," said graduate student Kassi Gall. "You could never experience that in a classroom."