Name: Megan Mahowald
- Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction- Literacy Education, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2011
- M.A. in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2003
- B.S. University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2002
Faculty Website: megancmahowald.com
Teaching: Dr. Mahowald's teaching goals are to strengthen our students' knowledge on research methods in Communication Sciences & Disorders and School-Age Language Assessment and Intervention.
Previously Taught Courses:
- CDIS 610 Research in Communication Disorders
- CDIS 613 School Age Language Assessment & Intervention
- CDIS694 Alternated Plan Paper (Language & Literacy Research)
- CDIS695 Clinical Practicum
- CDIS 696 Language & Literacy Diagnostic Clinic
- CDIS 697 Professional Preparation in Speech-Language Pathology
- CDIS699 Thesis (Language & Literacy Research)
Areas of Interest: Dr. Mahowald's area of expertise includes school-age language and literacy development, assessment and intervention. Dr. Mahowald co-founded and directs Rec N' Read Programming and Services which includes a summer literacy camp, Camp Maverick: Rec N' Read. Dr. Mahowald's research also includes school-age language sampling and effectiveness of literacy intervention.