Joshua Meyer, Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Education: Curriculum and Instruction; Montana State University
- M.Ed. Mind, Brain and Education; Harvard University
- M.S. Health and Human Development; Montana State University
- B.S. Biological Sciences; Colorado State University
- M.S. Experiential Education
Primary Courses Taught
- Philosophy of Experiential Education
- Controversial Issues in Experiential Education
- Teaching Methods in Experiential Learning
- Guiding Reflection in Experiential Education
- Research Methods
- Professional Project
- Nature-based Learning
- Foundations of Education
- Learning Sciences
- Research Methods
- Curriculum Development
- Competency-Based Learning
- Meyer, J. (2022, July). Key concepts from theories supporting nature-based learning [Conference session]. Natural Start Alliance. Cincinnati, OH.
- Meyer, J, & Seaman, J. (2021). Beyond experiential learning cycles. In G. J. Thomas, J. Dyment, & H. Prince (Eds.), Outdoor environmental education in higher education: International perspectives. Singapore: Springer.
- Meyer, J., Ewbank, A. D., & Ellsworth, A. (2019). Pre-service teachers in Finland: Comparative education through short-term faculty-led study abroad. Current Issues in Comparative Education, 21(1), 93-103. https://www.tc.columbia.edu/media/centers/cice/pdfs/volume-21-issue-1/6_Joshua-Meyer-,-Ann-Dutton-Ewbank,-and-Ann-Ellsworth.pdf
- Meyer, J. (2018, September). Examining the cognitive features of nature-based learning [Poster presentation]. International Mind Brain and Education Society Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
- Meyer, J., Müller, U., & Macoun, S. (2017). Comparing classroom contexts and physical activity in nature and traditional kindergartens. Children, Youth and Environments 27(3), 56-77. http://www.jstor.org/action/showPublication?journalCode=chilyoutenvi