Becky Taylor Fellowship
Find support for your doctoral education through the Glen Taylor Nursing Institute for Family and Society.
- Your research could improve health care for families.
- It could help the health care system meet the needs of our changing society.
- It could create solutions, bridge gaps, and promote innovative practices.
A Becky Taylor Fellowship could help you apply research better and easier.
Minnesota State Mankato DNP students are encouraged to apply for a fellowship, which supports education and research focused on improving and enhancing family and societal health. Fellowship dollars can be used for tuition, fees, capstone projects, and/or cost of living expenses. Fellowships will be awarded based on application materials and available resources.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program curriculum includes a post-nursing master’s program structured around the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education. Course content builds upon the master’s degree and consists of a minimum of 30 credits. Five semesters of doctoral didactic and clinical coursework culminates in completion of an evidence-based clinical capstone project (an option to progress over 10 semesters is also available). Throughout the course sequence, students will work with clinical experts and graduate faculty with expertise in applied research. A variety of teaching and learning approaches, primarily distance learning modalities, will be used.
- N711 Health Care Policy and Organizational/Systems Leadership (3 credits)
- N708 Quality Improvement Safety, and Risk Management for APNs (3 credits)
- N709 Health Care Informatics and Data Management (3 credits)
- N710 Genetics/Genomics for Family Nursing (3 credits)
- N707 Family Mental Health Nursing (3 credits)
- N705 Family Nursing Practice (50 clinical hours) (3 credits)
- N741 DNP Project I (50 clinical hours) (3 credits)
- N742 DNP Project II (50 clinical hours) (3 credits)
- N743 DNP Project III (50 clinical hours) (3 credits)
- N712 DNP Clinical Internship (150 clinical hours) (3 credits)
Total: 350 clinical hours
Total: 30 credits