College Student Advising Webpage
Early and Ongoing Advising – A Key to Success!
Faculty in the College of Allied Health and Nursing welcome opportunities to visit with prospective and current students, and they place a high priority on advising students in their area of interest.
Who do I contact for advising?
The College of Allied Health and Nursing separates its advising services between the Allied Health Advising Office and the School of Nursing Advising Office. All students interested in studying Nursing should go directly to the School of Nursing Advising Website found here. All other remaining Allied Health Majors as well as Pre-AT, Pre-OT, and Pre-PT students are advised within the Allied Health Advising Office.
To limit the spread of COVID-19, all advising appointments and interactions from our office has been moved online using Zoom technology and via MavMail. Please view the location box in MavConnect appointments for the link to your meeting.
Advising Information Regarding Registration for Spring 2021 Courses
Students assigned to the Allied Health Advising Office who have earned 30 or less credits should follow these steps (Click the hyperlinks to proceed to the appropriate task).:
- Watch our Fall Advising Module video.
- Complete the Registration Prep. Form.
- Book & Attend a Zoom 15 minute advising meeting with us before your registration windows open. Appointments will start October 12th.
- Those who are on academic warning and/or advised by the UAC should attend an individual meeting with a support advisor in the University Undergraduate Advising Center prior to attending a meeting with us. Students on academic warning/probation should expect to attend a 30 minute meeting using our standard MavConnect link.
- Students who have earned 30 or more credits and assigned to the AHN Advising Office are not required to complete the above steps. However, if you wish to receive advising assistance via a meeting, please follow all 3 steps and use this link to schedule a 30 appointment via MavConnect
If you have any questions beforehand, need to discuss course concerns or need assistance with getting a meeting set up, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
Don't know who your academic advisor is?
Students will be assigned either to the Allied Health Advising Office or directly to a facutly advisor.
- Visit E-Services and enter your star ID number and password. You will be taken to your student account.
- Click on "View Class Schedule", and your advisor's name will appear at the top of your schedule.
- If you do not have an advisor assigned please complete a request using the Major Button or contact firstname.lastname@example.org