Application to the BSSW Program
- Occurs the semester before the final 3 semesters
- Competitive admission process;
- Applications evaluated on successful completion of the required pre-requisite coursework, written and oral communication skills, demonstrated commitment to professional practice, and potential for furthering the mission of the Social Work profession.
- Students admitted in groups of 38-40 each fall and spring semester, forming their class workgroups, or cohort, for the final three semesters
- Graduate 70+ students each year
Scholarships & Stipends
- About $5000 in scholarships awarded annually including scholarships for new students, students of minority background, and for domestic/international professional or study away activities.
- The Child Welfare Stipend Program provides financial support for 10-12 students who commit to a child welfare career
- Campus and community scholarships available for academic and research support