The Holbrook Laboratory allows for innovative research to be conducted by our faculty and students in our Exercise Physiology Master's degree program. In addition, undergraduate students in our Exercise Science program utilize the lab for a variety of courses.
- Two ParvoMedics Metabolic Carts
- Cosmed K5 Portable Metabolic System
- Cosmed T170 DE Sport treadmill and Quark ECG system
- Polar Team Pro Monitors
- Bod Pod
- Hydrostatic Weighing Tank
- Monark Bicycle Ergometers
- Electromagnetically Braked Cycle Ergometer LC7TT
- Lode Excalibur Ergometer
- Monark 891EW Upper Body Ergometer
- Force Treadmill
- Actigraph Accelerometers
Dr. Viola Holbrook (1920-2005) was a dedicated educator and champion for physical education and research into exercise performance. In 1958, she began teaching at Mankato State College and served as a teacher, coach, and Assistant Dean. The Dr. Viola Holbrook Endowment has created countless opportunities for students and faculty to continue her work through research, technology advances, and conference participation.
MSU Mankato Archives holds the oral history interview for Dr. Viola Holbrook in both audio and transcript format.