Admission InformationPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/wellnesscoaching/admissions.html
Students who complete this program will compete for advanced careers in the following areas: wellness coaching, health coaching, exercise physiologists, fitness professionals, health educators, nutritionists, behavior change professionals, health advocates, health promotion professionals, population health managers, psychologists, worksite wellness professionals, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers and mental health counselors.
The Wellness Coaching and Disease Prevention master’s of science degree is a twoyear, 30-36 credit program offered predominately online. Students can apply for Fall semester admittance during the spring/summer semester. As a cohort program, approximately 20 students will be admitted to the program fall semester of each year.
A health-related baccalaureate degree (BS or BA) and a grade of C or higher in the following courses:
- Human Anatomy or equivalent (must include a lab)
- Human Physiology or equivalent (must include a lab)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Statistics or tests-and-measurements course as a prerequisite (Provisional admittance possible without this course, but completion of this course is required before enrolling in the HP 610 Statistical Methods )
Please note equivalent courses will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Application for admission to the Wellness Coaching and Disease Prevention program is competitive. All required application materials must be received by August 1st for a priority consideration as enrollment is limited. Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Complete online Application for Graduate Study ($40 application fee) http://grad.mnsu.edu/applying/ which includes:
- Professional resume or vita (Upload to WCDP online application).
- Application statement of interest (one page describing career goals and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree). Statement of interest will also serve as a writing sample (Upload to WCDP online application).
- Unofficial transcript(s) (Upload to WCDP online application).
- Two academic and/or professional recommendations (See Recommendation Process section in the WCDP online application). Recommendation and Evaluation Form
Send an official transcript listing undergraduate/graduate degree(s) to be sent directly from the degreegranting institution to the College of Graduate Studies and Research:
Alumni and Foundation Center Room 115
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 3892321