Career OpportunitiesPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/sportpsychology/opportunities.html
Career Opportunities with a Master's Degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology
A master's degree in sport and exercise psychology will prepare you for a wide variety of careers. You can help others enhance their sport, exercise, and physical activity performance and increase their enjoyment in these activities.
- You can consult with athletes, exercisers and other performers to enhance their mental skills through motivation, imagery, confidence, self–talk, and anxiety management.
- You can coach or assist a high school, university, or professional team to enhance their performance through the use of mental skills and team dynamics.
- You can increase your success if you are already an athletic trainer by better understanding psychological aspects of injury and how to teach mental skills.
- You can prepare for doctoral study, if you have plans to conduct research or teach at the university or college setting.
- You can start your own consulting business by taking sport management classes with your Sport and Exercise Psychology degree.
- You can transfer your knowledge of performance excellence to other areas, including business, the U.S. Army, medicine, dance, etc.