Applying to Sport PsychologyPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/sportpsychology/applying.html
To apply to the Sport and Exercise Psychology program visit: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/ (follow the link "online application" under "all other applications"). Thank you for your interest and application. We look forward to reviewing it!
- Deadline to apply is Feb. 1, 2018.
- Materials required are: Official transcripts, Resume/CV, 3 letters of reference, and a personal statement.
- The online application refers to "letters form colleagues" for your references. We request that letters be written by professors, advisors, or supervisors (employers, coaches, etc) who can speak to your success in graduate school.
- We do not require GRE scores.
- These materials can be uploaded in the online application (linked above). If you have any trouble uploading documents (or your references do), please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International applicants: You may need to submit TOEFL scores or official transcripts with U.S. equivalences (if you earned your undergraduate degee outside the United States). Please reach out to us and we can help you through this process. You can also learn more at: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/internationalletter.html
A note on the statement of interest submitted as part of the application materials: There is not a specific prompt. Instead, it is your opportunity to describe your professional goals within the field of sport and exercise psychology that you hope to attain and which you believe the Minnesota State University Sport and Exercise Psychology Program can prepare you to be successful. Its length is typically 2-3 pages, double spaced. Please put your name on the submission. There are a variety of resources available online regarding "professional goal statements" or "statements of interest/purpse" which may be of help.
Dr. Michelle McAlarnen, Assistant Professor, Sport and Exercise Psychology Graduate Program
182 Highland North