Summer Internship CoursePage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/undergraduate/students/summerinternships.html
NURS 497: Summer Internship (1 credit)
This course provides clinical based learning opportunities to encourage application of theory and research based knowledge in clinical practice. Students will engage in experiences to enhance the development of their professional nursing role.
In order to register for this course, students must have obtained a summer internship position in a MN health care facility. Summer 2019 registration will open March 2019. Check back for details.
You are a Visiting Student if you are an admitted student at another Minnesota State college or university. In this case, you do not need to apply for admission to our University. Using your StarID/password you can begin registering for this course by following the instructions below. If you are not a Visiting Student, please follow the instructions for a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
Non-Degree Seeking Student
If you are currently enrolled at a private, out of state or other non-Minnesota State college or university, please follow the steps below to apply and register for NURS 497 as Non-Degree Seeking Student.
- Complete the University Registration-Non-Degree Seeking Student Form
- In 2-3 days you will receive an email granting you permission to attend.
- Next, Activate your Star ID
- Obtain course permission-Email the School of Nursing Administrative Assistant (Cynthia.Friesen@mnsu.edu) and ask for permission to register for NURS 497. In the email, include your name and Star ID. Await for authorization email and proceed.
- Login to E-Services with your Star ID/password.
- Follow the Registration Handout to enroll in NURS 497 under the Summer 2018 Semester.
After registering for NURS 497, please wait 48 hours before your University email (MavMAIL) and D2L Brightspace account will be activated. After this waiting period, you can log in using your Star ID/password.
Tuition & Fees
There is no textbook for this course. For Minnesota residents, the anticipated cost (tuition & fees) for this 1 credit online course is $357.93.
- Non-Resident 100% Online Learner -Minnesota State University, Mankato is pleased to offer in–state tuition to Non-Minnesota residents who take 100% online coursework. Students enrolled exclusively in online courses for an academic term can submit a request to be charged tuition at a market rate equivalent to the rate charged for on–campus students.
- Non-Resident Reciprocity Rates -Exceptions to the 100% Online Learner market rate is when the student is a resident of a state with a reciprocity agreement. In those cases, the reciprocity rates supersedes the 100% Online Learner rate.
- Please pay your balance on time. This can be done directly through your E-Services account. Click HERE for more information about payment options.
For questions:Cindy Friesen
Undergraduate Programs, Administrative Assistant
School of Nursing
Cynthia.Friesen@mnsu.edu Tricia Young, RN, PhD
Professor, Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Nursing
Instructor of NURS 497
Patricia.Young@mnsu.edu Registration Help Desk