Warning, Probation & SuspensionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/undergraduate/saps.html
At Minnesota State University, Mankato, all students are required to meet two University Academic Standards. When a sudent drops below a 2.0 cumulative MSU GPA, or drops below a 67% cumultiave credit completion rate, they are placed on Academic Warning or Probation.
What happens when I am on Academic Warning or Probation?
- You will be notified of your Academic Warning or Probationary status via e-mail from the Office of Academic Affairs.
- The School of Nursing Advising Office will send a follow-up email with additional information about your next steps.
- A registration hold for the following term will be placed on your account.
- You must meet with your assigned Warning/Probation School of Nursing advisor.
- Your Financial Aid eligibility is on "Warning" or "Suspension". Please contact Campus Hub for details on your status.
Warning & Probation Advising
The School of Nursing Advising Office will send you a follow-up email with additional information about your next steps. Our goal is to help you identify the challenges/barriers that are negatively impacting your academic success and work together to establish goals for improvement using the available resources and support. Below is an outline of this process:
1. Complete an online assessment: You will receive the link to the online assessment via email from the School of Nursing Advising Office. Once complete, contact the office to schedule an appointment.
2. At your appointment, you will review the academic warning/probation policy, discuss your strengths and past challenges as a student, and develop goals you feel will support your success for the semester.
3. Throughout the semester, you will have access to our online Academic Success Workshop and are encouraged to meet with your advisor as needed.
4. Course Registration: If you are meeting your semester goals and your academic performance will likely warrant continued enrollment, your School of Nursing advisor will temporarily lift your registration hold, allowing you to register for the following term.
Will I be suspended?
To remain at the University, you must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Bring your cumulative MSU GPA up to a 2.0 and your cumulative credit completion rate up to 67%
2. Earn a term GPA of 2.5 and a term completion rate of 75%
What happens if I am suspended?
- You cannot attend the University, or any other Minnesota State institutions, for one full calendar year.
- Your Financial Aid eligibility is also "suspended".
- You must apply for reinstatement if you choose to return after a full calendar year.
- Financial Aid is not automatically continued when you return from suspension. Students should follow the suspension appeal guidelines if they intend to appeal their financial aid.
Helpful Campus Resources
Academic Success Workshop: Available to all students on Warning/Probation in D2L
Accessibility Resources: ML 132, 507-389-2825
Campus Hub/Financial Aid: CSU, 507-389-1866
Center for Academic Success: ML 125, 507-389-1791
Counseling Center: CSU 205, 507-389-1455
GPA Calculator: Use to help track your semester GPA
Math & Stats Learning Center: WH 285, 507-389-5891
Writing, Speech & Languages Center: ML 125, 507-389-1791
For more information, please contact:
School of Nursing Advising Office
360 Wissink Hall
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Phone: (507) 389-6022
Student Relations Coordinator