Application & AdmissionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/undergraduate/completion/admission.html
Application for admission to the RN Baccalaureate Completion Program is a separate process in addition to being admitted to the University. Application periods occur twice a year. Deadlines are always October 1st and February 15th.
The spring 2018 applications (Jan. & March start dates) are now CLOSED.
The application deadline for a fall 2018 program start is February 15, 2018.
- Admission to Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Unrestricted RN License (by program start)
- Completion of at least 30 college semester credits
- Minimum total cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum C grade in previous nursing courses
- Completion of college-level statistics course with a minimum C grade (by program start)
1. Apply and receive admission to the University for the intended semester start date.
- Undergraduate Admissions: Transfer Applicant Checklist
- If you were previously admitted to the University, but did not enroll in coursework, please submit a new application to the University indicating your intended start date.
2. Request official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions
- Official evaluation of credits are completed by the Office of the Registrar, and only for admitted University students.
- Transfer evaluations can take 10 days to process upon receiving admission to the University.
- Students will receive a transfer evaluation via email when the process is complete.
- Transfer evaluations will inform students of the University's General Education, Diverse Cultures and Writing Intensive requirements fulfilled, and remaining. Students are encouraged to complete their General Education requirements prior to making application to the program.
- Each applicant is responsible to insure all coursework has been officially transferred and evaluated for the most up to date academic record.
- Transcripts from other Minnesota State institutions may be pulled and updated electronically, but it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify the Office of the Registrar of this need. Office of the Registrar: 507-389-6266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants should review their transfer evaluation or Degree Audit Report to confirm all transfer coursework is listed.
3. Obtain unrestricted RN license by program start date.
- Students may be in progress, or have plans to complete NCLEX-RN examination when making application. Full admission requires licensure.
4. Completion of at least 30 college semester credits.
5. Minimum total cumulative GPA of a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- The total cumulative GPA includes all MSU and transfer coursework. It can be found on your completed Transfer Evaluation.
- Students who have not met the minimum total cumulative GPA must appeal for application consideration. Appeal instructions are listed on the application.
6. Minimum C grade in all previous nursing courses.
- If you have re-taken a course in which you earned less than a C and were then successful with a C or better, the first grade will be exempt of this requirement.
7. Completion of a college-level statistics course with minimum C grade by program start.
- Students may be in-progress or have plans to complete the statistics course when making application. Full admission requires course completion.
8. Submit online program application by deadline.
Every semester we have a high volume of applicants, but only 75 applicants are accepted for general admission and 25 for the Iron Range Cohort (must live in MN Iron Range area to be eligible for the Iron Range Cohort). A tier system will be used for admission to the RN Baccalaureate Completion Program:
- Tier 1 applicants are those who have all of their General Education requirements (Goals 1-10) completed at the time of the application deadline.
- NOTE: If you still need a Writing Intensive course, this requirement will be fulfilled during the program by completing NURS 320W and NURS 482W.
- Tier 2 applicants are those who do not have all of the General Education requirements completed at the time of the application deadline.
Priority admission will be granted to Tier 1 applicants first. If there are more Tier 1 candidates than the cohort holds, those with 24 or more credits earned from Minnesota State University Mankato will be admitted first, and then a random selection will be utilized to choose those who are admitted. Of these applicants, those who are not admitted will be placed on a waiting list. During the subsequent admission cycles, the wait listed applicants will be given first right of refusal.
If there are seats left after Tier 1 applicants are admitted, Tier 2 applicants will be ranked by the number of requirements they have left. If needed, random selection will be utilized to choose Tier 2 applicants with the same number of requirements left to fulfill.
To receive priority admission consideration, students are encouraged to complete the University's General Education requirements prior to making application to the program.
Only a transfer evaluation can determine an applicant's Tier status, thus the importance of completing the University admission and credit evaluation process first.
Admission letters will be emailed within four weeks after the application deadline. All letters will be emailed to the applicant’s email address provided on the program application.
Full admission to the RN Baccalaureate Completion Program requires students to fulfill the following requirements prior to program start date:
- Unrestricted RN License
- Completion of a college-level statistics course with a minimum C grade.
Admission to the program is contingent upon a student’s enrollment in at least one course during the admitted term.