RN Baccalaureate Completion ProgramPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/undergraduate/completion/
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing for RNs
For individuals who are licensed registered nurses with an associate degree and wish to earn a baccalaureate degree.
Information on our Baccalaureate Program:
Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU) invites you to consider completing a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing at one of the nation's most respected Schools of Nursing (SON). Our nursing faculty desire to assist you in the pursuit of the bachelor's degree. The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Minnesota State University, Mankato is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
Minnesota State Mankato has offered the professional nursing program since 1953. Graduates will have met the requirements for certification as public health nurses and licensure as school nurses in Minnesota. In 1974 the SON developed an RN Option for registered nurses to obtain a baccalaureate degree.
Faculty are accessible by e–mail, voice mail, and office appointment.
- Synthesize knowledge to provide competent evidenced based care and facilitate the health of individuals, families, and society.
- Utilize knowledge of complex systems as the basis for leadership that creates a culture of safety and promotes quality initiatives within the context of inter-professional care.
- Integrate evidence, clinical reasoning, inter-professional perspectives, and health care preferences in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills in using health care technologies, information systems, and communication strategies that result in safe quality care outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health care, political awareness, fiscal responsibility, professional regulations, and advocacy for social justice.
- Display effective intra and inter-professional communication and collaboration techniques to produce positive professional working relationships.
- Validate the nurse's responsibility in population health and community oriented nursing.
- Exemplify personal and professional accountability by modeling nursing values and standards.
- Engage in baccalaureate-generalist nursing practice while respecting the uniqueness and complexity of care.
- Promote, maintain, sustain, and regain the health of individuals, families, and society.
Iron Range RN Baccalaureate Completion Program Cohort
Attention Iron Range Nurses!
Further your education by earning a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Nursing at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Iron Range Nursing is a new model for rural communities and their healthcare providers and offers academic progression from Hibbing Community College’s Associate Degree Nursing program to Bachelor of Science in nursing and Master of Science in Nursing and/or Doctor of Nursing Practice degrees for qualified students.
Contact Terri Brandt, HCC 218-262-6775.
See the below for more information and application materials:
- Iron Range RN Baccalaureate Completion Program Cohort Transfer Guide
- Iron Range RN Baccalaureate Completion Program Cohort Flyer
Other School of Nursing Programs
If you are currently not a registered nurse and do not have a baccalaureate degree, please inquire about the Basic Program.