GraduatePage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/scholarships/graduate.html
Scholarships are in alphabetical order, including links to individual application forms.
C. Francis & Maryllis Oehlke Nursing Scholarship
The criteria for awarding this scholarship are:
- Be a US Citizen
- Have a GPA of 3.0 for all collage work
- Essay must address financial need and professional goals.
Clarice Joan Amundson Nursing Endowment
All students are eligible for this scholarship. Preference may be given to a student who provides evidence of being or having been a first–generation baccalaureate level college student. To be considered for a scholarship from this endowment, the student must:
- Work part–time in a clinical setting
- Intend to work in a rural setting (as opposed to a tertiary/urban setting) upon graduation
- Demonstrate commitment to the profession of nursing
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above for all college–level work completed prior to the semester during which application is made
Dr. Walter & Lorna E. Zettler Memorial Endowment
This scholarship is for a graduate or undergraduate student. Student should demonstrate the following:
- Quality of goal setting
- Achievement of goals
- Perseverance and dedication toward achievement of goals
- Potential for contribution to the profession
Graduate Nursing Faculty Scholarship
The alumni, faculty, and administration of the School of Nursing have contributed money for a scholarship for nursing students. This scholarship is to be awarded to a graduate student. To be considered for the scholarship the student must:
- Be enrolled as a full–time graduate student in the School of Nursing
- Have a grade point average of 3.3 or above for all college level work
- Be in need of financial assistance
Luvern L. & Bess Penn Endowment
To be considered for this scholarship the student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college work.
Waunda Mae Wyndle Graduate Student Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a student at Minnesota State University, Mankato who is pursuing a graduate degree in nursing.
This $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded annually. Money to fund the scholarship comes through the generous donation of the Waunda Mae Wyndle Foundation. This scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis to a graduate student who demonstrates exceptional promise of achieving academic excellence. This scholarship is designed to assist with the costs of tuition.
The applicant must:
- Have a minimum graduate program GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate potential to make a contribution to the advancement of nursing.
- Demonstrate financial need (ex. not eligible for tuition reimbursement from employer/FAFSA score).
For additional graduate scholarship opportunities go to the Minnesota Nursing Association Website.