AdmissionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/graduate/dnp/admission.html
We are no longer accepting applications for the BS-DNP program classes starting in Fall 2018. Check back for information on our new BSN-DNP program starting in Summer 2019.
We continue to accept applications to the post-APRN masters DNP program until classes are filled each semester.
Candidates for Minnesota State University, Mankato's DNP program must hold either a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in nursing. If candidates are Master's prepared and seeking to obtain a post-APRN masters DNP, they must be certified in one of the advanced practice nursing roles: clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist or nurse practitioner.
BS-DNP Applicants submit materials simultaneously to:
1) the Graduate Program at the School of Nursing AND
2) the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The CGS&R reviews the University Graduate Application and forwards the student transcript to the School of Nursing for review. The School of Nursing reviews the information from the CGS&R along with the School of Nursing Graduate Programs application information to make admission decisions.
School of Nursing Graduate Program
Attn: Kim Fortin
7700 France Avenue S. Suite #360
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: 952-818-8884 (V)
University Doctoral Application
- Admission to the Minnesota State University, Mankato College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The online application can be found at: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/
- Official copies of transcript(s) from each institution attended for graduate study as evidence of graduation with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited graduate program in nursing.
- Satisfactory scores on the TOEFL test for international or non-English speaking students.
BS-DNP Program Application
- Completion of Minnesota State University, Mankato School of Nursing Doctoral Program Application.
- BSN/BS/BA degree from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school of nursing as verified by transcript sent to the CGS&R.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale. If GPA<3.00, the student's Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted along with the application.
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota. Current certification if applying for post-Master's DNP program.
- Applicants must have 2 FULL years of post-BSN nursing experience by the time classes would start in the fall. There are absolutely NO exceptions.
- One professional reference from current or recent supervisor using the School of Nursing Reference Form.
- Professional resume including:
- Name, address, phone, cell phone, email, and any other contact information
- Education (degree, institution, major, date degree conferred)
- RN Licensure #
- Certifications (if applying for the post-Masters DNP program)
- Professional employment history as a registered nurse (institution, city, state, position title, dates, percent time worked)
- Honors, awards, and scholarships
- Professional organization memberships
- Leadership positions/involvement in professional organizations and employment situations (past and current)
- Scholarly activities including publications, professional presentations, research activities, and/or consultation (local, regional, national, international)
- Professional service activities
- A professional goal statement essay written on-site (at the MSU site at 7700 France Ave., Edina) while attending a graduate nursing programs admission session.