AdmissionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/graduate/dnp/admission.html
We are currently accepting applications to our DNP program with courses beginning in summer 2019. Applications are due by November 9, 2018.
Candidates for Minnesota State University, Mankato's DNP program must hold either a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in nursing. If candidates are Master's prepared and seeking to obtain a post-APRN masters DNP, they must be certified in one of the advanced practice nursing roles: clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist or nurse practitioner.
BS-DNP Applicants submit materials simultaneously to:
1) the Graduate Program at the School of Nursing AND
2) the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The CGS&R reviews the University Graduate Application and forwards the student transcript to the School of Nursing for review. The School of Nursing reviews the information from the CGS&R along with the School of Nursing Graduate Programs application information to make admission decisions.
School of Nursing Graduate Program
Attn: Kim Fortin
7700 France Avenue S. Suite #500
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: 952-818-8884 (V)
University Doctoral Application
- Admission to the Minnesota State University, Mankato College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The online application can be found at: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/
- Official copies of transcript(s) from each institution attended for graduate study as evidence of graduation with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited graduate program in nursing.
- Satisfactory scores on the TOEFL test for international or non-English speaking students.
DNP Program Application
- Completion of Minnesota State University, Mankato School of Nursing Doctoral Program Application.
- BSN/BS/BA or entry level masters degree from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school of nursing as verified by transcript sent to the CGS&R.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale. If GPA<3.00, the student's Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted along with the application.
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota. Current certification if applying for post-Master's DNP program.
- Applicants must have 1 year of nursing practice (RN) experience prior to beginning nursing coursework in summer.
- One professional reference from current or recent supervisor using the School of Nursing Reference Form.
- Professional resume including:
- Name, address, phone, cell phone, email, and any other contact information
- Education (degree, institution, major, date degree conferred)
- RN Licensure #
- Certifications (if applying for the post-Masters DNP program)
- Professional employment history as a registered nurse (institution, city, state, position title, dates, percent time worked)
- Honors, awards, and scholarships
- Professional organization memberships
- Leadership positions/involvement in professional organizations and employment situations (past and current)
- Scholarly activities including publications, professional presentations, research activities, and/or consultation (local, regional, national, international)
- Professional service activities
- A professional goal statement essay written on-site (at the 7700 France - Edina location) while attending a graduate nursing programs admission session. They are held November 1st and 2nd, 2018. Email Kimberly.Fortin@mnsu.edu to let me know which session you are interested in.