AdmissionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/graduate/dnp/admission.html
We are currently accepting applications to our DNP program with courses beginning in summer 2019. Applications are due by November 9, 2018.
Prospective students will need to attend the mandatory Information Session on either November 1st or 2nd. Please email email@example.com to register.
Candidates for Minnesota State University, Mankato's DNP program must hold either a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in nursing. If candidates are Master's prepared and seeking to obtain a post-APRN masters DNP, they must be certified in one of the advanced practice nursing roles: clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist or nurse practitioner.
DNP Applicants submit materials to the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The CGS&R reviews the University Graduate Application and forwards the student transcript to the School of Nursing for review. The School of Nursing reviews the information from the CGS&R information to make admission decisions.
School of Nursing Graduate Program
Attn: Kim Fortin
7700 France Avenue S. Suite #500
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: 952-818-8884 (V)
University Doctoral Application
- Admission to the Minnesota State University, Mankato College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The online application can be found at: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/
- Official copies of transcript(s) from each institution attended for graduate study as evidence of graduation with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited graduate program in nursing.
- Satisfactory scores on the TOEFL test for international or non-English speaking students.
- BSN/BS/BAN/BA/MSN/MS/MAN/MA/MN from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school of nursing as verified by transcript.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale. If GPA<3.00, the student's Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted along with the application. GRE scores are not needed for students with a graduate degree.
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota. Current certification if applying for post-Master's DNP program.
- One year of work experience as a baccalaureate prepared registered nurse prior to beginning nursing course work.
- One professional reference from current or recent supervisor using the School of Nursing Reference Form.
- Professional resume including:
- Name, address, phone, cell phone, email, and any other contact information
- Education (degree, institution, major, date degree conferred)
- RN Licensure #
- Certifications (if applying for the post-Masters DNP program)
- Professional employment history as a registered nurse (institution, city, state, position title, dates, percent time worked)
- Honors, awards, and scholarships
- Professional organization memberships
- Leadership positions/involvement in professional organizations and employment situations (past and current)
- Scholarly activities including publications, professional presentations, research activities, and/or consultation (local, regional, national, international)
- Professional service activities
- A professional essay written on-site (at the 7700 France - Edina location) while attending a graduate nursing programs admission session, held November 1st or 2nd, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat.