Doctor of Nursing Practice
The family-focused curriculum and simulation experiences in our program help students learn how to provide the best care possible to individuals, their families and the community.
Becky Taylor Fellowship
Find support for your doctoral education through the Glen Taylor Nursing Institute for Family and Society.
Admission Requirements for DNP-FNP program
- Attendance at the mandatory on-site admission informational session
- Acceptance into the Minnesota State University, Mankato College of Graduate Studies and Research
- BSN/BS/BA or entry level master's degree from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school
- Minimum career grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program in nursing
- If GPA<3.00, the student's Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted along with the application
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota
- Current APRN certification if applying for post-Master's DNP program
- 1 full year of Post BSN nursing practice (RN) experience prior to beginning nursing coursework