AdmissionPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/graduate/admission.html
We are accepting applications for classes starting in fall 2017. Applications are due January 11, 2017.
In order to apply to the Fall 2017 cohort you must sign up for a MANDATORY half-day Informational Session held January 3rd or 4th, 2017. Email our administrative assistant Kimberly.Fortin@mnsu.edu to register.
For the NE, DNP and FNP programs, applicants need to submit two sets of application materials (See below) - 1) the Graduate Programs, School of Nursing and 2) the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). The CGS&R reviews the University Graduate Application and forwards the student transcript to the School of Nursing for review. The School of Nursing reviews the information from the CGS&R along with the School of Nursing Graduate Programs Admission information to make admission decisions.Graduate Programs
School of Nursing
7700 France Ave.
Edina, MN 55435
Phone: 952-818-8884 (V)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org College of Graduate Studies & Research
Minnesota State University
115 Alumni Foundation Center
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: 507 389-2321 (V)
University Graduate Application
- Admission to the Minnesota State University (MSU) College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGS&R). For the online application go to: grad.mnsu.edu/applying/
- Official copies of transcript(s) from each institution attended for graduate study as evidence of graduation with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited graduate program in nursing.
- Satisfactory scores on the TOEFL test for international or non-English speaking students.
- Completion of Minnesota State University (MSU) School of Nursing Graduate Programs Application form.
- BSN/BS/BA degree* from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school of nursing as verified by transcript sent to the CGS&R.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale. If GPA < 3.00, the student’s Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted along with the application.
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota. If you do not have a paper copy of your license that does not have an updated expiration date, you can get one at the Board of Nursing website . Just print off the website page that shows your license number and Expiration Date.
- Applicants must have two (2) years of post-BSN nursing experience.
- One professional reference from current or recent supervisor. Please use this School of Nursing Reference Form.
- Professional resume including:
- Name, address, phone, cell phone, email, and any other contact information
- Education (degree, institution, major, date degree conferred)
- RN Licensure #
- Professional employment history as a registered nurse (institution, city, state, position title, dates, percent time worked)
- Honors, awards, and scholarships
- Professional organization memberships
- Leadership positions/involvement in professional organizations and employment situations (past and current)
- Scholarly activities including publications, professional presentations, research activities, and or consultation (local, regional, national, international)
- Professional service activities
- A professional goal statement essay written on-site (Edina at the MSU site at 7700 France Ave. S.) while attending a graduate nursing programs admission session
- Applicants who successfully fulfill all the above requirements may be invited for an on-site interview as a part of the application process
Students are assigned an academic advisor upon admission to the program. Guidance is provided for course scheduling and registration, as well as completion of the finalized plan of study.