Sue BellPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/nursing/faculty/suebell.html
Sue Ellen Bell
2004 to Present
Credentials: PhD, RN, PHCNS, BC
- PhD in Nursing, University of Minnesota
- M.A in Anthropology, Iowa State University
- BSN, University of Iowa
- B.A in Spanish, DePauw University
- Community Health Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Community Health Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Health Care Interests
- My interest is in social justice for vulnerable populations
- Nursing Ethics
- Social Justice
- Community/Public Health Nursing
- Evidence–based Practice
- Guideline/Protocol Development and Implementation
- Officer and Board Member — Affinity Group for Nursing of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Conducting research in social justice, health care disparities, public health nursing, and health of vulnerable populations
- Development of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
- Ross, E., & Bell, S. E. (2009). Nurses' comfort level with emergency interventions in the rural nursing setting. Journal of Rural Health, 25(3), 296-302.
- Ervin, N. E., Bell, S. E., & Bickes, J. T. (2009). Evidence–based nursing practice in local public health. Michigan Journal of Public Health, 3(1), 33-46.
- Bell, S. E. & Hulbert, J. R. (2008). Translating social justice into CNS practice. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 22(6), 293-299, quiz 300-301.
- Schim, S. M., Benkert, R., Bell, S. E., Walker, D. S., & Danford, C. (2007). Social justice: Added metaparadigm concept for urban health nursing. Public Health Nursing, 24(1): 73-80. (Accepted for publication July 2006).
- Bell, S. E. (2005). Current issues and challenges in bariatric patient management. Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 32(6): 386-392.
- Lesperance, M. E., Bell, S. E., & Ervin, N. E. (2005). Heart failure and weight gain monitoring. Lippincott's Case Management: The Journal for Professional Practice, 10(6): 287-293.
- Ervin, N. E., & Bell, S. E. (2004). Ethical issues resulting from scarce resources. Journal of the New York State Nurses Association, 35(1): 8-13.
- Kuula, A., Bell, S. E., & Allan, R. (2004). Public health nurses' views on voluntary smallpox vaccination. Journal of the New York State Nurses Association, 35(1): 4-7.
- Bell, S. E. (2003). Ethical climate in managed care organizations. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 27(2): 133-139.
- Bell, S. E. (2003). Community health nursing, wound care, and …ethics? Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 30(5): 1-5.
- Bell, S. E. (2003). Nurses' ethical conflicts in performance of utilization review. Nursing Ethics, 10(5): 541-554.
- Bell, S. E. (2003). Perceptions of utilization review nurses: "Nurses like us." Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 18(4): 275-280.