Dr. Joseph ViskerPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/health/faculty/visker.html
- Ph.D., Health Education, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- MS, Health Science/Community Health, MN State University, Mankato
- BS, Biological Science, MN State University, Mankato
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist, MCHES
Primary Courses Taught
- Hlth 101 – Health & the Environment
- Hlth 212 – Consumer Health
- Hlth 260 – Introduction to Health Education
- Hlth 321 – Medical Terminology
- Hlth 361 – Health Communication and Advocacy
- Hlth 480 – Health Education Planning, Implementing & Evaluating II
- Hlth 631 – Graduate Seminar
- Disaster Preparedness & Response
- Research and Evaluation
- Visker, J., Rider, T., & Humphers-Ginther, A. (2016). Ministry-related burnout and stress coping mechanisms amoung Assemblies of God ordained clergy in Minnesota. Journal of Religion and Health, 55(5). doi 10.1007/s10943-016-0295-7
- McManus, K., Visker, J., & Cox, C. Effect of an Arthritis Foundation exercise program on sleep quality/sleep disturbance in seniors with rheumatoid arthritis: A Pilot Study. Activities, Adaptation & Aging, 39(2). In-press. (June, 2015)
- McManus, K., Cummings, M., Visker, J., & Cox, C. An exploratory analysis to determine priority areas for lead poisoning prevention education programs in Missouri. Journal of Environmental Health. In-press. (March, 2015)
- Cummings, M., Whitlock, A., Draper, M., Renschler, L, Bastian, K., Cox, C., & Visker, J. (2013). All Stars for at-risk middle school students in an afterschool setting: A pilot study. Journal of Substance Use. doi:10.3109/14659891.2013.859751.
- Campbell, C., Kraimer, A., Woolman, K., Staecker, E., Visker, J. & Cox, C. (2013). Effects of a brief, pilot workplace sexual harassment prevention workshop for employees. Workplace Health and Safety, 61(10): 425-428.
- Visker, J. & Cox, C. (2014). Title: They’re here! The use zombie-themed role-play to teach disaster preparedness and decision making skills among young people. Accepted for presentation at the Annual International Conference on the Health Risks of Youth, Santo Domingo, The Dominican Republic. December 28, 2014 – January 3, 2015.
- Dawson, B., Kaminski, A., & Visker, J. (2014). Title: Assessment of knowledge outcomes and member satisfaction among students participating in the Northeast Missouri AHEC Health Occupations Students of America Project (HOSA). National AHEC Organization Annual Conference. Charlotte, NC, July 7-11, 2014.
- Visker, J. (2014). Title: Faith and Science. Chi-Alpha SALT Conference, Des Moines, Iowa, January 11, 2014. (Non-refereed).
- Visker, J., Modlin, K., & Eckelkamp, N. (2014). Title: Assessment of sexuality-related attitudes among university students. Annual International Conference on the Health Risks of Youth, Nassau, The Bahamas, January 1-4, 2014
- Visker, J., Cox, C., Johnson, N., & Draper, M. (2014). Title: Developmental asset assessment of rural Northeast MO youth. Conference on the Health Risks of Youth, Nassau, The Bahamas, January 1-4, 2014.
I have a wonderful wife (Erin) to whom I’ve been married for 10 years, a beautiful 3-year-old son (Silas), a wonderful 4 month old son (Jed) and an awesome 4-year-old Boxer dog (Dodge). In my free time I enjoy hunting, fishing, and recreational target shooting.