Minor CurriculumPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/health/community/minor.html
A Minor in Community Health Education: 24 Semester Credits
Descriptions of courses listed below are available on the Undergraduate Bulletins page.
Required for the Minor: (Core, 21 credits)
- HLTH 260 Introduction to Health Education (4)
- HLTH 361 Health Communications (4) (Prerequisite: HLTH 260)
- HLTH 380 Health Education Planning, Implementing & Evaluating I (3) (Prerequisite: HLTH 260, HLTH 361 Pre/Co-requisite)
- HLTH 454 Chronic & Infectious Diseases (3) (Prerequisite: HLTH 260)
- HLTH 460 Introduction to Epidemiology (3) (Prerequisite: HLTH 260)
- HLTH 496 Internship Community Health Education (4)
For all programmatic (required and elective) courses, students must receive a grade of "C" or higher.
Required Electives Minor: (minimum 3 credits)
- HLTH Elective
Choose a minimum of 3 credits from HLTH electives for minor. See Undergraduate Bulletins for course listings.
TOTAL ____/ 24 credits
Amy S. Hedman, PhD, MCHES
Community Health Education Program Coordinator; Internship Director
Department of Health ScienceMinnesota State University, Mankato
213 Highland Center North
Mankato, MN 56001