ScholarshipsPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/fcs/scholarships.html
2016-2017 Family Consumer Science Scholarship Application Available Now!
Please complete one application for the 2016-2017 Family Consumer Science scholarships process. The deadline to apply is February 26, 2016, at 12:00 noon. Bring your completed application to the Family Consumer Science office at 102 Wiecking Center. Students applying for FCS scholarships are required to also complete the Minnesota State Mankato general application online at Scholarship Finder.
2016-2017 FCS Education Scholarship Application Available Now!
Please complete the FCS Education Scholarship application here. You must be a declared major in FCS Education in order to apply. Bring your completed application to the Department of Family Consumer Science office at 102 Wiecking Center. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 26, 2016 at 12:00 noon. Students applying for the FCS Education Scholarship are required to also complete the Minnesota State Mankato online application at Scholarship Finder.
Family Consumer Science Scholarships
- Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 by Howard Williams in honor of his late wife, Fern. Following his death in 1993, their children (Julie Miller and Howard Williams) changed the name of the scholarship to include both of their parents. Fern and Howard were both actively involved in the community and at the University.
- Lydia Gens Keitzer Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 with a gift from the estate of Lydia Gens Keitzer, an alumna of Mankato State Teachers College. The endowed fund provides Minnesota State Mankato tuition scholarships and support for students to attend professional conferences.
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment - Mary Jean Metag graduated from Mankato State Teachers College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics. She bagan her career as a home economics teacher and later taught in the US Army school system in France and Germany. In 1960, Ms. Metag's career shifted to the business world where she worked for the National Livestock and Meat Board in Chicago, Swift and Company, Madsens Enterprises in Mankato, and the Butterball Division of Swift Dairy and Poultry in Chicago. Mary Jean retired in 1996 and continues her support of students studying in the Department of Family Consumer Science at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Family Consumer Science Department Scholarship - This scholarship is provided by faculty and alumni of the Department of Family Consumer Science.
- FCS Education Scholarship - One scholarship will be awarded to a Family Consumer Science Education major. This scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual FACS to the Max Workshop presented by the Department of Family Consumer Science attended by high school and junior high school FACS educators.