ScholarshipsPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/fcs/scholarships.html
Apply for 2017-2018 Family Consumer Science Scholarships Now!
Family Consumer Science Scholarships - Print and complete the application here. You must be a declared major in Family Consumer Science or FCS Education in order to apply. Bring your completed application and attachments to the FCS office at 102 Wiecking Center before the deadline, February 24, 2017, 12:00 noon.
FCS Education Scholarship - Print and complete the application here. You must be a declared major in FCS Education in order to apply for the FCS Education scholarship. Bring your completed application and attachments to the FCS office at 102 Wiecking Center before the deadline, February 24, 2017, 12:00 noon.
In addition, students applying for any FCS scholarship must also complete the Minnesota State Mankato online application on Scholarship Finder at: https://mnsu.academicworks.com/.
Family Consumer Science Scholarships
- Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 by Howard Williams in honor of his late wife, Fern. Following his death in 1993, their children (Julie Miller and Howard Williams) changed the name of the scholarship to include both of their parents. Fern and Howard were both actively involved in the community and at the University.
- Lydia Gens Kietzer Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 with a gift from the estate of Lydia Gens Kietzer, an alumna of Mankato State Teachers College. The endowed fund provides Minnesota State Mankato tuition scholarships and support for students to attend professional conferences.
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment - Mary Jean Metag graduated from Mankato State Teachers College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics. She bagan her career as a home economics teacher and later taught in the US Army school system in France and Germany. In 1960, Ms. Metag's career shifted to the business world where she worked for the National Livestock and Meat Board in Chicago, Swift and Company, Madsens Enterprises in Mankato, and the Butterball Division of Swift Dairy and Poultry in Chicago. Mary Jean retired in 1996 and continues her support of students studying in the Department of Family Consumer Science at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Family Consumer Science Department Scholarship - This scholarship is provided by faculty and alumni of the Department of Family Consumer Science.
- FCS Education Scholarship - One scholarship will be awarded to a Family Consumer Science Education major. This scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual FACS to the Max Workshop presented by the Department of Family Consumer Science attended by high school and junior high school FACS educators.