ScholarshipsPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/fcs/scholarships.html
FCS scholarship information and applications will become available to students in late January of 2018.
2017-2018 Family Consumer Science Scholarship Awards
Congratulations to the following Family Consumer Studies students who have been awarded scholarships for 2017-2018!
- Lydia Gens Keitzer Endowment: Allison Anderson
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment: Allison Anderson, Sarah Bates, Morgan Frandle
- Fern Sure Williams & Howard Williams Endowment: Maggie O'Connor
- Department of Family Consumer Science Scholarships: Kristi Larson, Josephine Thill
- Food Science Lab Endowment: Shelby Bonnemier, Sadie Elsenpeter, Kristi Larson, Nina Riesselman, Hannah Thompson
- FCS Education/FACS to the Max Scholarship: Allison Anderson, Sarah Bates, Maggie O'Connor
Family Consumer Science Scholarships
- Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 by Howard Williams in honor of his late wife, Fern. Following his death in 1993, their children (Julie Miller and Howard Williams) changed the name of the scholarship to include both of their parents. Fern and Howard were both actively involved in the community and at the University.
- Lydia Gens Kietzer Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 with a gift from the estate of Lydia Gens Kietzer, an alumna of Mankato State Teachers College. The endowed fund provides Minnesota State Mankato tuition scholarships and support for students to attend professional conferences.
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment - Mary Jean Metag graduated from Mankato State Teachers College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics. She bagan her career as a home economics teacher and later taught in the US Army school system in France and Germany. In 1960, Ms. Metag's career shifted to the business world where she worked for the National Livestock and Meat Board in Chicago, Swift and Company, Madsens Enterprises in Mankato, and the Butterball Division of Swift Dairy and Poultry in Chicago. Mary Jean retired in 1996 and continues her support of students studying in the Department of Family Consumer Science at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Family Consumer Science Department Scholarship - This scholarship is provided by faculty and alumni of the Department of Family Consumer Science.
- FCS Education Scholarship - One scholarship will be awarded to a Family Consumer Science Education major. This scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual FACS to the Max Workshop presented by the Department of Family Consumer Science attended by high school and junior high school FACS educators.