ScholarshipsPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/fcs/scholarships.html
2016-2017 FCS Scholarships Awarded!
The following Family Consumer Science students have been selected to receive scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Hannah Thompson - Lydia Gens Keitzer Scholarship $500, Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Scholarship $1,000
- Abbey Erlanson - Mary Jean Metag Scholarship $1,500
- Anna Long - FCS Department Scholarship $1,500
- Allison Anderson - FCS Education Scholarship $1,000 and FCS Department Scholarship $500
St. Cloud Home Ec Club Offering $1,000 Scholarship for 2016-2017!
The St. Cloud Home Ec Club (area FACS teachers) will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship this year to a Family and Consumer Science student. This scholarship is offered every other year. Preference is given to teacher candidates. Please print the application here. The scholarship information is posted here. Applications are due no later than May 13, 2016.
Family Consumer Science Scholarships
Scholarship applications are available in February of each year.
- Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 by Howard Williams in honor of his late wife, Fern. Following his death in 1993, their children (Julie Miller and Howard Williams) changed the name of the scholarship to include both of their parents. Fern and Howard were both actively involved in the community and at the University.
- Lydia Gens Keitzer Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 with a gift from the estate of Lydia Gens Keitzer, an alumna of Mankato State Teachers College. The endowed fund provides Minnesota State Mankato tuition scholarships and support for students to attend professional conferences.
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment - Mary Jean Metag graduated from Mankato State Teachers College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics. She bagan her career as a home economics teacher and later taught in the US Army school system in France and Germany. In 1960, Ms. Metag's career shifted to the business world where she worked for the National Livestock and Meat Board in Chicago, Swift and Company, Madsens Enterprises in Mankato, and the Butterball Division of Swift Dairy and Poultry in Chicago. Mary Jean retired in 1996 and continues her support of students studying in the Department of Family Consumer Science at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Family Consumer Science Department Scholarship - This scholarship is provided by faculty and alumni of the Department of Family Consumer Science.
- FCS Education Scholarship - One scholarship will be awarded to a Family Consumer Science Education major. This scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual FACS to the Max Workshop presented by the Department of Family Consumer Science attended by high school and junior high school FACS educators.