ScholarshipsPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/fcs/scholarships.html
Apply for 2015-2016 Department of Family Consumer Science Scholarships Now!
Please click here for 2015-2015 scholarship criteria and application. Students should use this application to apply for Family Consumer Science scholarships (not the general application on Scholarship Finder). Applications are due in the FCS office at 102 Wiecking Center before Friday, March 6, 2015 at noon.
FCS Education majors may also apply for the FCS Education scholarship. Please click here for the application. The FCS Education scholarship forms are due in FCS office at 102 Wiecking Center before Friday, March 6, 2015 at noon.
Family Consumer Science Scholarships
- Fern Snure Williams and Howard Williams Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 by Howard Williams in honor of his late wife, Fern. Following his death in 1993, their children (Julie Miller and Howard Williams) changed the name of the scholarship to include both of their parents. Fern and Howard were both actively involved in the community and at the University.
- Lydia Gens Keitzer Endowment - This scholarship was established in 1981 with a gift from the estate of Lydia Gens Keitzer, an alumna of Mankato State Teachers College. The endowed fund provides Minnesota State Mankato tuition scholarships and support for students to attend professional conferences.
- Mary Jean Metag Scholarship Endowment - Mary Jean Metag graduated from Mankato State Teachers College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics. She bagan her career as a home economics teacher and later taught in the US Army school system in France and Germany. In 1960, Ms. Metag's career shifted to the business world where she worked for the National Livestock and Meat Board in Chicago, Swift and Company, Madsens Enterprises in Mankato, and the Butterball Division of Swift Dairy and Poultry in Chicago. Mary Jean retired in 1996 and continues her support of students studying in the Department of Family Consumer Science at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Family Consumer Science Department Scholarship - This scholarship is provided by faculty and alumni of the Department of Family Consumer Science.
- FCS Education Scholarship - One scholarship will be awarded to a Family Consumer Science Education major. This scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual FACS to the Max Workshop presented by the Department of Family Consumer Science attended by high school and junior high school FACS educators.