ApplicationPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/dental/program/applying.html
Applying to the Traditional BS Dental Hygiene Program
Applications are due February 1st of each year. We accept 20 students who will start the following fall. Applicant scores are calculated as follows for 2018:
- GPA of pre-requisite courses
- Science GPA, doubled (includes BIOL 220, BIOL 270, BIOL 330, CHEM 106 or 111, DHYG 219, DHYG 223, and DHYG 225)
- 0.5 points for taking CHEM 111 (if used to calculate GPA)
- 0.25 points for former training as a dental assistant, foreign trained dental therapist, or foreign trained dentist (must include documentaiton of licensure)
- 0.25 points for a repeat applicant
All application items must be submitted in order to be an accepted applicant; see application below for details.
Instructions for applying to the MSU Traditional BS Dental Hygiene Program:
- Download the 2017-2018 application for the traditional program. Click here.
- Deliver to the MSU Dental Hygiene Department - due February 1, 2018
- Personally to department office
- Send the completed application to:
Dental Hygiene Department
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Laura Cardwell, Application Committee
120 Clinical Sciences Building
Mankato, MN 56001
An e-mail confirming receipt of your application will be sent to you as soon as your application is received. If two weeks have passed and you still have not received e-mail confirmation of receipt of your application, call Laura Caldwell at 507-389-1313 to verify your application was received.
Information on Your DARS Report
DARS is an acronym for Degree Audit Reporting System.
- It is a computer program that produces advising information illustrating an undergraduate student's progress in fulfilling the graduation requirements of their chosen degree program.
- DARS also converts transfer work from another institutions into Minnesota State University, Mankato courses and places them onto the audit.
- DARS uses a student's degree program information (degree, major, minor, catalog year) on file in the student records system, to create a "template" of that program. Then all of a student's courses are placed into the template to produce a document called an audit. The audit shows which requirements are completed and which are left to be done. It can be used by students and advisors to monitor a student's progress towards graduation.
Accessing your DARS or degree audit report
- Go to the E–services page.
- Enter your STAR ID and STAR ID Password to login.
- From the left-hand column, click on the "Student" tab.
- Next, click on "Grades and Transcripts".
- Then, click on "Interactive Degree Audit".
- Lastly, click on the BS dental hygiene degree listed.