Athletic Training CareersPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/athletictraining/careers/
The Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) is a highly educated and skilled allied health professional who specializes in providing care for the physically active and athletic populations. In cooperation with physicians and other health professionals, the athletic trainer functions as an integral member of the health care team in secondary schools, colleges and universities, sports medicine clinics, professional sports programs, physician offices, and other health care settings.
The athletic trainer plays an important role in the health care of the physically active, especially in the prevention, recognition, management, and rehabilitation/reconditioning of injuries incurred as a result of activity. The care provided by an athletic trainer may help the individual avoid unnecessary medical treatment or aid in referral to the appropriate physician.
Athletic Trainers are in Demand
- Athletic Training is a Major that will "Change the World"
- Athletic Training Public service announcement from the NFL
- U.S News & World Report lists Athletic Training as a "Recession Proof Career"
- 2010-2011 Occupational Outlook Handbook projects Athletic Trainer job growth of 37 percent
- U.S. News & World Report lists Athletic Training as one of the 50 Best Careers of 2011 with Strong Growth over the Next Decade
- Peditricians Confirm Emormous Value of Athletic Trainers at High Schools
- Athletic Training is one of the top 5 most satisfying careers according to Business Insider
Who are Athletic Trainers and why are they so important to the health-care industry?
The Unsung Heroes of Sports Medicine from the National Athletic Trainers' Association
The Tommy Mallon Story, please watch
- Description and information about Certified Athletic Trainers in Minnesota Medicine
- Explore Athletic Training as a Career
- Getting Athletic Trainers into all High Schools is public health issue
- National Athletic Trainers Association information about Employment Settings
- Mayo School of Health Sciences Athletic Training Overview