Mission StatementPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/athletictraining/about/mission.html
Teach. Learn. Heal.
"It is the mission of the Athletic Training Education Program at Minnesota State University to provide dedicated, effective teaching, scholarship, and service to our students and to the athletic and physically active populations of the university, the community, the state, the region, and the global community."
- To facilitate student knowledge and clinical skill development as the foundation for sound practice in the profession of Athletic Training and related fields.
- To develop proficiency in the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary in the following content areas necessary for the practice of Athletic Training:
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Prevention and Health Promotion
- Clinical Examination and Diagnosis
- Acute Care of Injury and Illness
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Psychosocial Strategies and Referral
- Healthcare Administration
- Professional Development and Responsibility
- To recognize the need for the support of clinical practice through the use of education, research, and service to the profession.
- Students will pass the athletic training Board of Certification (BOC) examination at a rate that exceeds the accreditation requirement for both first attempt and overall i.e. regardless of number of attempts.
- To respect and treat patients as an individuals, and without regard to race, color, sexual preference, socioeconomic status, political or religious affiliation, or athletic ability.