Mission, Vision Goals & ValuesPage address: http://ahn.mnsu.edu/about/mission.html
The College of Allied Health and Nursing is dedicated to educating individuals who promote wellness and improve the quality of life through teaching, scholarship and service.
It is the vision of the College of Allied Health and Nursing to be recognized by stakeholders for providing exceptional educational programs.
The College of Allied Health and Nursing endeavors to:
- Foster an active learning community that empowers critical thinking, ethical decision making, multicultural competence, global/international perspective, wellness, life long learning, and leadership skill development.
- Provide innovative accessible high quality undergraduate and graduate educational programs and continuing education programs responsive to the needs of students and health service professionals.
- Enhance the visibility of the college, it's mission, vision, distinctiveness, and achievements, to internal and external constituents.
- Identify circles of excellence and areas of potential growth and delineate a resources allocation and marketing plan.
- Promote a healthy environment that values each member of the learning community and supports student, faculty and staff professional development and participation in quality education, scholarship/research, and service opportunities.
- Academic excellence and applied research
- Cultural and ethnic diversity and inclusiveness
- Free and open dialogue and inquiry
- Transparent, clear and open communication
- Internal and external civility, collegiality, respect, and collaboration
- Professional and personal ethics, respect and integrity
- Informed, reflective, value-based and ethical decision making.